Exhibition Dates: December 1, 2023 - January 21, 2024
108|Contemporary is proud to represent our innovative members by hosting a survey exhibition of their newest artwork. The State of Craft, is open to all 108|Contemporary members and will feature the broad media utilized by our members such as fiber, wood, ceramics, glass, metal, installations, and more. This exhibition will present the diverse work of the contemporary artistic talent in Oklahoma.
-All applicants must be a current member of 108|Contemporary. To join please visit our website, 108contemporary.org/membership
-All artwork must be considered contemporary fine craft. 108|Contemporary defines fine craft as all mediums besides painting, drawing, or photography. Examples include ceramics, jewelry, metal, wood, fiber, etc.
-All artwork submitted must be new and never before exhibited in the Tulsa area, and available for purchase.
-Artists must reside in Oklahoma
How to Apply
-All applicants please use the submission page below to submit up to three objects.
-Be sure to label images “object title.”
For more information, please contact Jen Boyd Martin, Executive Director, at email@example.com
About the Juror,
Mary Anne Jordan is an artist/quilt-maker and professor in the Textiles/Fibers Program at University of Kansas in the Department of Visual Art. She has exhibited artwork nationally in the US and internationally in Japan, Korea, Poland, South America, France, Canada. Jordan teaches at KU with specialty in printed and dyed textiles, quilting, and textile design. She received an MFA from Cranbrook Academy of Art, Bloomfield Hills, MI, and BFA from University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI.
108|Contemporary is looking for full gallery exhibition proposals for the 2025 calendar year. Each featured exhibition will fill our gallery, located in the heart of the Tulsa Arts District, and be seen by an average of 5,500 visitors. Proposals should feature artists from the region using innovative contemporary craft practices and include work available for purchase. This exhibition submission form is not limited to Oklahoma residents.
- Must be fine craft (including basketry, ceramics, fiber, furniture (any media), glass, jewelry, metal, mixed media, paper, wood, and more.) Do NOT submit painting, drawing, or photography.
- Artwork submitted was created within the past 2 years
- Artwork must be for sale
Proposals should include the following to be considered:
- A minimum of 5 high-resolution (300dpi) images, either representative or preliminary sketches
- Artist(s) statement and CV
- Proposal details for the exhibition, including but not limited to themes explored or overarching narratives unifying the exhibition.
- Proposals should be uploaded through Submittable.